Due to the weather no longer looking good, this trip is now POSTPONED to next Friday, July 22nd.
The weather looks good, so our second pub cruise of the year is on for this Friday, July 14th.
While the days are still pretty long, we’re going to give THE ALBANY another go after a couple of enjoyable visits last year. The fact that it might be a tad windy could be a help to the sailors, with a longer voyage to make.
If you hope to come, please reply to my email as soon as possible, as we need to confirm numbers with the pub. It helps if you say how you mean to get there.
Sailors should aim to leave the boat park by 6.00 pm at the latest, and paddlers by 6.45 pm. It’s first-come-first-served for the limited places in the launch, which will leave about 7pm.
Don’t forget on the way back we’ll need a torch to shine on the sail or a light fore and aft for kayaks, for a thin crescent moon won’t rise until after midnight.
And paddlers should travel with at least one other kayak – safety in numbers: there are motor boats about on the river even late at night.
See you there!