Minima Yacht Club is committed to promoting equality and diversity in our policies, practices and procedures and in influencing others to do the same.
We are committed to complying with all anti-discrimination legislation and best practice now and in the future, both in letter and in spirit.
Minima Yacht Club will:
- Treat everyone equally and with the same attention, courtesy and respect regardless of their age, disability, gender, marital status, race, racial group, colour, ethnic or national origin, nationality, religion, belief or sexual orientation.
- Aim to eliminate all forms of discrimination, harassment and victimisation and any other conduct that is prohibited by or under the Equality Act 2010 or other relevant legislation by:
- building cultures of trust, where anyone experiencing discrimination feels confident to come forward and know that they will be listened to, and their concerns acted upon;
- showing zero tolerance of discrimination, victimisation and harassment;
- encouraging and enabling all members, volunteers and participants to act and stand up to discrimination and intervene if they become witness to such actions;
- embedding good diversity and inclusion practice into our decision-making processes.
- Ensure its commitment to diversity and inclusion is communicated through internal practices and externally.
In making this commitment Minima Yacht Club aims to ensure that we are providing a safe, welcoming and inclusive environment for all who wish to undertake boating and social activities within our club.